Battery Service in Waveland, MS
Battery Service at Premier Ford of Waveland
Your battery is one of the most important parts of your vehicle. Without it, your starter is never going to be able to get enough power to start your car. Since a battery can last for years at a time, it’s easy to forget to check up on it from time to time. If your battery has recently been giving you issues, or you want to see how well it can currently hold a charge, you can bring your model to our service department at Premier Ford Waveland.
Why Is My Car Dead?
When it comes to your battery, there’s a lot that can go wrong.
- Did You Leave Something On?: This is the most common reason for a dead battery. You may have left your door slightly ajar, or you may have left one of your lights on without noticing. This will drain your battery overnight until your car eventually dies.
- Your Battery is Old: Your battery’s ability to hold a charge is going to depend a lot on its age. If your battery is older, it might not be able to provide you with the same performance that you’re used to. At our dealership, we’ll be able to test how well it currently holds a charge with our voltmeter.
- There’s Another Issue: While your battery is usually the main culprit, it’s not the only thing in your electrical system that can cause problems. You could have a faulty alternator, or there may be some component that’s consistently draining your battery.
How Do I Get My Model to the Dealership?
If you’re trying to make it to the dealership, you’ll need a way to bring your car with you.
- Ask for a Jumpstart: If your model is dead, it could be due to any one of the reasons above. Usually, a jumpstart will do the trick. You’re going to want to find a friend who’s willing to spare twenty or so minutes so that you can hook up your cables. It’s important that you do this in the right order, and that you give time for the electricity to trickle over into your battery. Once your engine is started, you’ll want to spend some time driving your car so that your alternator can work its magic.
- Ask for a Tow: In some cases, a jumpstart won’t be enough to do it. If you can’t seem to get your model running even though you’ve jumpstarted it, you may be forced to call a tow truck. Once you get to the dealership, we’ll be able to diagnose the problem.
How Do I Fix My Battery?
- A Quick Cleanup: Batteries tend to corrode over time, which can cause issues. Depending on the state of your battery, we may be able to clean away the corrosion so that you can continue enjoying your car.
- Finding a Replacement: If your battery can’t hold a charge, you’ll have no choice but to replace it with one that can. We have a parts department that can help you find the right fit for your particular model.
- Finding the Right Culprit: If it’s not your battery, our mechanics will be able to find the part that’s causing your problems.